Research has shown that abusive individuals will usually have a history of animal abuse before they move on to abusing other people.
People who abuse neglect and show ignorance towards the individuality of animals will be abusive, neglectful towards the humans in their lives. Those who support breed specific legislation are those who use their fear and misunderstanding to dictate law. Behind every breed specific law there's a prejudicial legislature
Standing beside every abused animal is a caring brave human who will treat fellow beings with loyalty and respect regardless of race social status or gender. These individuals are passionate about what they believe in. This passion can sometimes be misunderstood and disregarded as illogical since to some "its just a dog, just an animal". What we fail to see is that if we can't show compassion towards creatures that are "just" not human what will motivate us to help the people around us that can't help themselves.
When we teach others to show respect to all life we begin the process of teaching them to care for all those around them regardless of race, origin, religion, even species. If we teach our children to respect the right animals have to live their life in dignity and out of harm we give them the tools to grow up to respect the people they encounter.
Teach kindness, equality compassion towards all.
- Pit bulls are not vicious no animal is out to be an evil man killer. Attacks do occur but they are not limited to this breed any dog any animal under bad circumstances can lash out. Educate yourself and your children to know how to act around animals you don't know and how to respect the pets in our lives to always remember they are not babies they are and always will be animals.
- Animals from pet stores come from puppy mills, mass breeders and directly result in the death of hundreds of animals in shelters everyday.
- "free to a good home" does not exist taking in an animal requires care and commitment in the monetary sense as well as emotional.
- Mutts are just as wonderful as "pedigree" purebreds, just like people are wonderful regardless of race.
- Adopting, spaying and neutering save lives.